Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Video Game Archive Project: Finished!

It's been six days with nowhere to sit down in my house. My feet are still sore from standing up for 10 hours at a stretch. I've gone through 16 AA batteries to take nearly 1200 pictures. My dog and cat probably want to kill me for completely disrupting the order of my household. Thankfully my wife was just as excited to see just how much video game crap I have accumulated over the last 11 years as I was.

I had no earthly idea how large and time-consuming that this project would become when I first decided to do it last week. But it sure feels good to get it done. Here are a couple of highlights of my collection.

My complete collection of Working Designs games:



My Final Fantasy VII Launch T-Shirt:


My PS2 Linux Kit:


My Grandia Cloth Map:


I'm writing a database to archive my collection in OpenOffice.org Base, but for a little instant gratification, I put up a simple php gallery viewable here: Paladin's Game Collection

It's not on the fastest server in the world, so please be patient while the images load.

No comments: